Wednesday, May 15, 2013

You Received...Did you Accept

So, I think in an earlier post I wrote about receiving and accepting. Well the other day God really drove home the point (sometimes I need real live things to happen to truly get it). I came home one day and I noticed the chair in the front room pushed back - this means one thing - someone was at my front door and the dogs jumped in the chair to greet them with their "friendly" barks. So, I opened the front door to find a package at the door. I brought the package in and it was for me. Now, let me say I did open the package and there was a little note in the box as to whom the package was from. Well, the "from" and I had not been seeing eye to eye for a couple of weeks and I just was like grrrr so I literally put the tape back on and sat it back out on the porch - seriously I did this and then proceeded to go on about my day. I no sooner got to the end of the street when God nugged me with - "Daughter, you just received a beautiful gift one you did not deserve...did you accept the gift? Is this how you sometimes accept my gifts - you receive them yes, but then put them back on the shelf?" Oh, wow did that speak volumes to me. Years, Months, Weeks or even days ago I would have beat myself up for my actions... things like "you are so ungrateful, what an awful person, you don't deserve anything" but because of what the Holy Spirit has been teaching me ... NO CONDIMINATION, I AM FREE FROM THE YOKE OF SLAVERY...I thanked God for the valuable lesson and the gift...and let me tell you - when I got home I opened up that package and displayed the beautiful gift inside and received it and accepted it with a gracious heart. See I did not deserve the gift - to deserve would have made it a reward and not a gift. The same as when God sent his Only Son to become a sin offering for me and die on the cross and saved me from my sins - my sins which are REMEMBERED NO MORE. I do not deserve this, but God loves me, loves you so much that HE GAVE ... Have you Received Christ? Have you Accepted all that comes with the gift of Salvation.... It's a lot to wrap your head around and chew on...but never quit chewing and learing and receiving and accepting ... We have a loving God who wants the absolute best for us ... Scripture Reference: Romans 8:1; Galations 5:1; Jeremiah 31:34 & Isaiah 43:25

No comments:

Post a Comment