Sunday, April 1, 2012

Getting ready for a change ...

Well, here it is the night before ... the night before what? The night before I start changing the way I view food ... Food is for life ... Food is for fuel. About a year ago, well no, its been a little over a year. My life was knocked upside down, no need to rehash the past but I will have to say it changed me in many ways. First, it brought me to my knees before God - who I depend on dearly. It got me into working out which lead to running which lead to my first 5K then a 10K and then training for my first marathon...God showed me what it is to take care of our bodies from the inside out ... not jut exercise and nutrition, but spending time with Him, in His word, not just reading, but studying. He showed me how freeing running is, how it helps to get rid of the idleness that leads to way to much thinking (espically if you are a female). So, I signed up for a Marathon ... for me it is so much more than running ... it was proving to myself that I could do this. I have never been athletic, never played sports (to embarased), this was to prove to me (mainly) and everyone else that I can do this. Days, week and months of training - over 500 miles ran ... BOOM ... my foot ... ouch ... I have a stress fracture 4 weeks before my marathon ... I am put in a Can Boot (I have named PITA)...and then the Dr says the words ... No running, no marathon. So, after three pitty parties and a couple really rough weeks - (dealing with a lot, go into that later). It is time to get back in it. First since I am not working out extremly hard I am starting a juice clense ... get the body clean from the inside out. You should have seen me at the store tonight ... my little basket was full of Kale, Parsley, Carrots, Beets, Ginger, Grapes, Spinach, Apples, Pears, Tomatoes, Jalapeno, Radishes and some things I can't remember the name of. So starting tomorrow I will be a juicing machine ... I am excited and still looking for that Coconut Water ...

No comments:

Post a Comment